Sunday's Obituary: Hanlons in Wisconsin prior to 1900

I am soooooooooo stuck on my Hanlon line.  John & his sister Margaret apparently just showed up one day in the 1850s from somewhere in Ireland.  I've even had a male cousin test his dna, I've done my own Family Finder dna test at FamilyTreeDNA.com....but alas, no answers!

So, why not just start searching for any obit for any Hanlon prior to 1900?  This is the start...I'll look for Hanlons with family names of John, James, Frank & Thomas as well as Mary, Catherine, Margaret and Ellen,  in Wisconsin in newspapers scanned by NewspaperArchive.com.  I've used the following words in the search to try and narrow down the results: "dead or death or killed or  obituary or  funeral or  dies or  died or  suicide or  murder or  called" .

"Numbered with the Dead.  Mrs. John Hanlon died yesterday morning of 3:15 o'clock at her home, 255 South Franklin street, after an illness of four months' duration.  Her death was the result of stomach trouble and through her long illness she bore her suffering patiently.  Deceased was about twenty-three years of age.  Besides a heart broken husband, she leaves a father, J. O. Maloney, a step mother, four brothers and four sisters, all of whom reside near Edgerton..."
Daily Gazette, The | Janesville, Wisconsin | Monday, June 06, 1898 | Page 1

Comments