Military Monday: "The Great War": Military Registration Cards from Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa (Robert L Brady born in Prairieburg, Iowa)

During a visit to the Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa, I found their library had thousands of registration cards from World War I.  I scanned about 30 of them for names in my family tree (not necessarily related).  I have not found these in any database, anywhere online.

So, for about the next year, I will be presenting them here.

This card is for Robert L. Brady.  He states he was born in "Prayerburg, Iowa" but since there is no such town, I believe they meant Prairieburg, Linn County, Iowa (right next to Jones County, where he was living).  Robert was 22 years old when he was inducted at Anamosa, Iowa on the 9th of May 1918.

I believe this to be the FindAGrave Page for this Robert L Brady.

Camp Dodge Registration card for Robert L Brady

Thee Buddy Poppy, image used with permission of VFW 13 July 2015

Comments