Military Monday: "The Great War": Military Registration Cards from Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa (James F HANLON)

During a visit to the Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa, I found their library had thousands of registration cards from World War I.  I scanned about 30 of them for names in my family tree (not necessarily related).  I have not found these in any database, anywhere.

So, for about the next year, I will be presenting them here.

This one is for my father, James F Hanlon who was living at 56th and Douglas in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa.  He enlisted in the Regular Army at Camp Dodge, Iowa the 15th of December 1917.
(do not confuse this James F Hanlon with his cousin, same name, born in January 1897 in Dallas County, Iowa)

This is the FindAGrave Page for the James F Hanlon mentioned below.

Camp Dodge Military Registration Card for James F Hanlon



Comments