Military Monday: "The Great War": Military Registration Cards from Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa (Laurence T. HANLON)

During a visit to the Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa, I found their library had thousands of registration cards from World War I.  I scanned about 30 of them for names in my family tree (not necessarily related).  I have not found these in any database, anywhere online.

So, for about the next year, I will be presenting them here.

This one is for my cousin, Lawrence T Hanlon (tho on his gravestone his name is spelled Laurence).  Laurence died during the war of bronchial pneumonia.  He was the son of John Hanlon and Lulu Bundy of Dallas County, Iowa.  Laurence was living in Waukee, Dallas County, Iowa when he was inducted at Adel, Iowa on the 31st of July 1918.

The pink cards signify the person died during the war.

This is the FindAGrave Page for Laurence.

Camp Dodge Military Registration card for Laurence T Hanlon

Comments