Military Monday: "The Great War": Military Registration Cards from Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa (James BRADY born in Ankeny, Polk County, Iowa)

During a visit to the Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa, I found their library had thousands of registration cards from World War I.  I scanned about 30 of them for names in my family tree (not necessarily related).  I have not found these in any database, anywhere online.

So, for about the next year, I will be presenting them here.

This card is for James Brady who was living in Ankeny, Polk County, Iowa when he was inducted on the 25th of July 1918 in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa.  At the time of his induction James was 25 years, 9 months old. He was born in Ankeny, Iowa.

I don't want to even guess which of the many James Bradys on FindAGrave could be him!
Camp Dodge Registration Card for James Brady

Comments