Military Monday: "The Great War": Military Registration Cards from Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa (Dan J. O'Connell born in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa)

During a visit to the Gold Star Museum at Camp Dodge, Polk County, Iowa, I found their library had thousands of registration cards from World War I.  I scanned about 30 of them for names in my family tree (not necessarily related).  I have not found these in any database, anywhere online.

So, for about the next year, I will be presenting them here.

This card is for Dan J. O'Connell who enlisted in the National Guard at Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa on the 10th of April 1917.  He was born in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa and was 22 years and 5 months old at the time of his enlistment.

I cannot find a FindAGrave page for this Dan O'Connell.

Comments