Thinking of Nick....

6 years ago, my only child went to bed and never woke up.
It seems unbelievable it has been that long.
I will be in the mountains thinking of you, Nicholas, remembering how you used to scream when I took you fishing when you were younger that I was 'hurting the little fishies'....or how you used to call me a "zen" fisherman because I practiced a lot and never caught anything!

And though we used to kid about the book "I Love You Forever" saying that guy needed a therapist for his 'mommy issues' I still think of the verse in that book:

"A young woman holds her newborn son 
And looks at him lovingly. 
 Softly she sings to him: 

'I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be.'"
For my baby, forever and always....

Comments

  1. One of my favorite books. A sweet tribute to your son. Virtual hugs sent your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment